The Quality Guarantee
We guarantee our products have been inspected, tested and documented. They have met or exceeded all standards we have set forth and will provide the following:
1. Superior quality, niche leading performance.
2. Safe and free from harmful chemicals or additives.
3. Industry leading design and execution, where possible.
Below is a complete list of what we subject each product to. We care not just about the products we sell but where they came from, who made them and how that person was treated. We care about the impact on the environment and what goods went into the production.
There are many steps that occur before the product is considered for testing. Below are the steps and criteria.
1. Does the product come from China?
2. Is the employee making this product paid a fair wage?
3. Does the product use chemicals or ingredients proven to cause health issues?
4. Does any part of the product contain something that could cause unintended, physical harm to the pet?
5. Do we have a point of contact if there is a problem with the product?
6. Does the product contain animal by-products or one of the "Four D" meats (Dead, dying, diseased, disabled)? Using meat classified as one of the "four D's: is not acceptable.
7. Do we have documented testimonials from people who have used the product?
8. Does the product have a label containing all ingredients?
9. Does the product have printed literature with "country of origin."
10. Has the product been tested by another entity and if so, what was the outcome?
The Test and the Documentation
The testing occurs after a successful inspection. Our testing occurs with the Founder and CEO Luke Johnson and designated employees. Below is the testing performed. Please note not every product adheres to every test- for example a toy should not be eaten so the nutritional content is not taken into account when tested. Additionally, Answering "yes" or "no" to one or more of the questions may not necessarily disqualify a product. We must however have an answer for each question and if one cannot be found we will not carry the product.
11. Does the nutritional content adhere to AAFCO minimum guidelines?
12. Does the Product contain Corn?
13. Does the packaging clearly state important details about the product, i.e. use, proper dosage, overdose amount, ingredients etc.
14. Does the product perform as described in marketing material and on the label?
15. Is the quality consistent with the description on the label?
16. Is there a manufacturer guarantee and if so what is it?
17. Has there been more than 1 recall in 6 months? If so, how many pets were affected and how were they affected? What was done to solve the problem?
18. Is the manufacturer a family owned company?
19. Does the product have a disclaimer about side effects?
20. Does the product splinter or break easily?
21. Does the product contribute to global climate change significantly more than other segment competitors products?
22. Does the product cause significant and unintended changes to the behavior of the pet?
23. Where is the corporate headquarters located? If not located in North America or Western Europe special precautions are taken to ensure quality of products.
24. Is there a well publicized and open lawsuit against the manufacturer about the quality of the product?
25. Does the product adequately fulfill the claims printed or insinuated on its labeling or marketing?
We document the results of our testing and then proceed accordingly. If products do not pass inspection or testing we notify the manufacturer that we will not be carrying the product and why. We want our customers to know that this is more than a retail store or a place to buy dog food- this is a passion we obsess over every day. If you have questions regarding the inspection or testing of products please contact your local store manager. He or she will gladly answer your questions and if they can't, they will find the appropriate executive who can.
Family owned and operated in Denver, Colorado